22 August 2008

Eat Pray Love

This one is a current best seller on the non-fiction lists. It's a memoir of a year in the life of writer Elizabeth Gilbert. As this is a recent book, there are plenty of reviews around, like the one here. She has her own website too, although be careful as it includes some spoilers if you haven't read it yet.

Eat Pray Love was selected by Amanda.

Housekeeping
We're now an open blog, because it was too hard for most members to get access to a closed one. There are two things to remember though.

- It's important not to include addresses or telephone numbers in any posts or comments to protect the privacy of members. (Jane, I've had to delete your first comment in the Unpolished Gem item, as it included an address. Sorry.)

- Include your name in the comments section so we know who you are!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Fantastic job Amanda with the blog!!!! I love the book. Love the honesty, the humour and the pace. Eva

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, I am in and using for the first time. It was easy as an open blog so will look forward to other postings. I have started the next book but wont be at the next meeting. I will be on that great Perth trip to that fantastic conference that everyone thought would be so spectacularly fantastically b-o-r-i-n-g.

Jane I should be able to get the book to you by the end of the week.

Bowen said...

Hi It's me again. I just registered as my street name so guess who...

jbalme said...

Hey, i'm in. Hope that you are all enjoying the book - Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, I forgot my google password. It's Gaye. I only got through Eat and Pray in the book... knowing my luck the Love bit was the best. I found it all a tad self indulgent. Not my cup-of-tea. Hope you enjoyed the group discussion though. What did others think?

delamare said...

Hi Gaye. Your viewed was shared by others (some very strongly!) , and a good discussion was the result. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting. Amanda